Oui and non. "Could" is the kicker--I have ideas, resources, storytime experience, teaching and tutoring experience, more ideas, even a kid-friendly basement space to hold the classes--but I'd have to put Griffin and Gwyneth in daycare another half-day a week, and I'm not willing to give up more time with them right now. Once they're in school, though....
However, this doesn't mean that I can't dip my orteils in the eau. In June, I will be teaching a four-session French class to two four-year-olds! (I donated the lessons as a silent auction item at a fundraiser for WOW, our local children's museum.)
What a win-win situation: the high bidder--who was in fact the only bidder--gets a short course at a bargain price, we can claim a tax deduction for the full value of the lessons, and I am forced to stop wondering "what if...." and just do try it without the hassle of recruiting students!
The only major probleme with this: since it won't happen till June, that leaves me a month and a half to plan and replan and research and rethink the class! It would actually be much easier to have to start teaching tomorrow.
(On the other hand, it gives me time to try out some ideas on Griffin and friends at French storytime and playgroup, plus an excuse to buy more puppets and French stuff for kids....)
In the meantime, two recent pictures of my inspiration for these efforts: