Monday, December 31, 2012

happy holidays and happy new year from G & G & me

Christmas tree decorating logic according to a four-year-old boy: if one ornament on a branch is good, then a dozen ornaments on one branch is excellent
Tatie Elizabeth's peanut butter bark: a family tradition (my in-laws and I spend a day in December making 10+ kinds of candy to distribute to friends, colleagues, neighbors, and teachers) 
Griff and Carl always offer to serve as quality control 
Christmas in Colorado: it's always permissible to pause in the present-opening to read a new book
nope, still can't manage to capture all four cousins smiling for the camera (especially after opening presents)
Gwyneth in the dirndl I wore in 1975
Christmas in Wisconsin (chez mes parents): Tonton Matt looks on approvingly as Griffin receives his very first football
Gwyn on Grammy's harpsichord
Wishing you good cheer, good health, good books, good friends, and good times in 2013.  Thank you all for reading this blog!

3 comments:

  1. And thank you, Sarah, for continuing to be a solid representation of a bilingual blog in this amazing community! Whether the first, or one of the first, I continue to be impressed for the past 3 years since I dove into this blogging and bilingual adventure. I've modeled my site after your amazing organization, gotten excellent ideas and inspiration from you and yours, and really appreciate all the time and energy you put in to make a difference. Thus, it would make tons of sense that I'd nominate you for the Liebster Blog Award! Not sure if you've heard about it, but here's a layout for you to check out, and participate in if you feel so inspired (hope so, it's great fun!!!).

    Happy New YEar to your whole sweet family!
    All the best, from a fan of yours in the Northwest,
    Tamara
    http://nonnativebilingualism.blogspot.com/2013/01/and-liebster-blog-award-goes-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for a Liebster award. Kind of like a meme. Check out the details on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamara and S.--thank you so much for your kind words and for nominating me for the Liebster award. My neglected blog and I thank you! I wish I could find or make more time to write more (and pass the award on to other bloggers). Please know that I am honored!

    ReplyDelete