Sunday, June 24, 2012

rendez-vous a Chicago!

Hello dear readers!  Are any of you planning to attend the American Association of Teachers of French (AATF) convention in Chicago next week?  I'll be there Thursday afternoon through Saturday night, with my presentation on Friday:


S228Français à la maison: Strategies, Challenges, and Resources
You teach French at school all day—but when you come home, do you speak English with your family? The presenter will discuss how, when, and why to share a second language with your children. We will look at concerns and challenges as well as what works and what doesn't, and the presenter will provide an annotated list of resources for parents raising kids in English and in French.


4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a nice time in Chicago.

    I'm working on becoming Bilingual in my husband's mother tongue, German. I admire what you do with your children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Allison! Nice to "meet" you. I see that you have lived in Zurich--how wonderful! Good luck with your efforts to increase your fluency in German. Do you speak German together at home now that you're back in the US?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, since moving back to the US the amount of German we speak at home has increased. In Zurich home was my safety zone and I was not keen on practicing then. Now that I can live my day-to-day life in English I am way more happy to speak at home!

      Delete
    2. That makes sense. I hope you can find a fun community of fellow German-speakers to interact with outside of home too!

      Delete