Tuesday, February 12, 2008

gratuitous Griffin pictures

I had promised myself not to let this blog turn into one of those where a mother breathlessly recounts her baby's every blink, sigh, cry, and poo--I want to keep the focus on ideas and stories about raising children with more than one language. But seeing as my entire life revolves around Griffin's, well, blinks, sighs, cries, and poos, that's all I can find the energy to think about these days! But I'll spare y'all the narration about his bodily functions and share some photos instead. (Now that he's been around for over two weeks, we've finally managed to get some pictures where his eyes are open and his mouth is closed!)

And here he is with his favorite cousin, who says things like "Griffin get down!" when he notices his own mother holding the baby, and "Carl's cousin is very little" when asked what he thinks about the newest family member:

9 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah! He's lifting his head up really high for such a young one! And what a cutie! You know I don't mind the gratuitous baby pics:) I respect and admire your dedication to this blog, and I know once Griffin starts cooing and babbling it'll be easier to link his development to your blog. Enjoy the cries, sleep grins and poos for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have you found the first two weeks of using French with him? Has it been weird, or has it come quite naturally?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray for gratuitous baby pictures! griffin is a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He has amazed us with how well he can support his own head! From the very beginning he was lifting it high and holding it a few seconds.

    We can't wait for the cooing and babbling stage!

    But no, using French with his isn't coming naturally yet; I think it's a combination of sleep deprivation on my part, not being used to having a baby in the house, and being around a lot of anglophones (my parents were here for 10 days and my husband stayed home from work). I'll write more about that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pictures and beautiful baby! I know what you mean about going on and on about the baby's every move. I also try to balance my amazement with other issues that surround birth, parenting and my new pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah,

    It's great to see Griffin doing well - he looks a strong little lad.

    Don't worry about the accounts about him, I seem to do nothing else but do that on my blog at the moment. Unfortunately I've taken so many photos of my son Rémy now that I have enough material to last posts on my own blog for several months, and I still have more photos to take!

    Bisous,

    John.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep on writing about Griffin ... he's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay--I won't hold back on Griffin posts! But I'll still try to balance them with ones about bilingualism.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's so beautiful! :) I know how hard it is to NOT write about your child when youre life suddenly DOES revolve around them! :)

    ReplyDelete