Sunday, July 22, 2007

seeking profilees!

I'm running out of bilingual families to profile--if you'd be willing to answer some questions about how you're raising your children with more than one language, please let me know! You can respond through "comments" or email me at babybilingual (at) gmail (dot) com. (Click on some of the profiles listed in the right margin if you'd like to see some examples.) I really like to see what other families are doing, and I think what parents have shared so far is quite helpful! I'm particularly interested in hearing more from dads (usually the moms write the profiles) and from people doing non-European languages--just to offer different perspectives.

Readers, do you have any suggestions for anything else to include or change in my profile questionnaire? What else would you like to know?

Oh, and I'm also thinking about starting a feature profiling adult bilinguals. I would ask questions that allow them to reflect on how they learned or acquired more than one language growing up--what worked, what didn't work, what they'd recommend. What do y'all think?

And as long as I'm asking questions--is there anything else you'd like to see (or see more of) on this blog? Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I think profiling adult bilinguals is a great idea. We parents can learn a lot from their experiences.

    ReplyDelete