Sunday, June 20, 2010

to all the father figures, but especially Ed





Happy Father's Day to all the fathers in Griffin's life--my husband and my dad and my father-in-law and my brother-in-law--and also our uncles, our friends, and all the other father figures in our lives. (By the way, when my brother, Matt, becomes a father, he's going to be a fantabulous one.)

Ed, you're an amazing dad, and Griffin adores you for good reason: you give him unlimited love (but also "time outs" when he needs them), you drop what you're doing to read to him when he brings you a book, you let him tackle you even when you'd rather not have his feet in your stomach or his butt on your forehead, you make up songs when you sing to him at bedtime, you ask him "why" even though he can't really tell us yet, you lead him through physics experiments, and you change those stinky diapers as soon as you catch a whiff of his caca.

I'm so glad that we're co-captains here at Team Griffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment